Sat, Oct 15|
Bradford Pool Parking Lot
IAD 2022 Site Tours: Ken-Caryl Ranch Bradford House + Bradford House II
1:00 PM Tour Time Learn about Major Robert Boyles Bradford who founded the Bradford Wagon Road, a principle route in the 1860s from Denver to Leadville and South Park. And also tour the Bradford House II site, a prehistoric rock shelter where thousands of artifacts were found! Join us to learn more!
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM MDT
Bradford Pool Parking Lot, 6 Killdeer Ln, Littleton, CO 80127, USA
About the event
Tour this beautiful private-property location and see and hear about the historical Bradford Perley House and the Bradford House II archaeological site nestled in the impressive Fountain Formation red rocks. It is an easy walk of about 3/4 of a mile long.
RSVP to reserve your spot. Space is limited!
- Multiple DatesSat, Oct 21Half Moon LotOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM MDTHalf Moon Lot, Trading Post Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USAThis guided hike will consist of two stops inside the caverns of Seven Ladders Rock at Red Rocks Park. The first focusing on the geology of the formation and the second exploring the Indigenous history of the park. Explore a portion of the park normally closed to the public!
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21Roxborough Visitor CenterOct 21, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM MDTRoxborough Visitor Center, 4751 Roxborough Dr, Littleton, CO 80125, USARoxborough State Park is known for its dramatic red-rock formations but also is a National Archaeological Register District. Over 200 artifacts and 40 archaeological sites have been documented from Archaic and Woodland cultures. Come visit to learn more!
- Sat, Oct 2117695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAOct 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDT17695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAThe camp houses one of the largest collections of intact CCC buildings in the United States. Fourteen of the original 15 buildings are intact along with most of the original landscape features. The men who lived at the camp built the nationally acclaimed Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- Sat, Oct 21Lamb Spring Archaeological PreserveOct 21, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM MDTLamb Spring Archaeological Preserve, 9472 W Titan Rd, Littleton, CO 80125, USALamb Spring Archaeological Preserve is a major Paleo-Indian archaeological site in the metro Denver area. The site contains a large collection of bison and mammoth bones as well as artifacts and other items associated with the Paleo-Indian period. Tour the site to learn more!