Sun, May 01|
FREE Astor House Open House
Last chance to see the historic hotel in its original form!! Foothills + CCLLC are hosting a community Open House at Astor House! Share your own personal stories, check out the building before its renovated, and take a tour with us!
Time & Location
May 01, 2022, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM MDT
Astor House, 822 12th St, Golden, CO 80401, USA
About the event
This is your LAST chance to see the Astor House in its original form!!
Foothills Art Center is hosting a community Open House at Astor House on Sunday, May 1 from 1-4 pm MST. The event is FREE to the public. FAC Staff and Volunteers will be onsite to answer questions, share details and gather stories from community members about their own personal history and experiences with the Astor House.
Community Connections, LLC, will offer tours (space is limited due to the condition of the building). Please RSVP through the link below to guarentee your spot on the tour!
Tour 1Astor House
Tour 2Astor House
- Multiple DatesSat, Oct 21Half Moon LotOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM MDTHalf Moon Lot, Trading Post Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USAThis guided hike will consist of two stops inside the caverns of Seven Ladders Rock at Red Rocks Park. The first focusing on the geology of the formation and the second exploring the Indigenous history of the park. Explore a portion of the park normally closed to the public!
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21Roxborough Visitor CenterOct 21, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM MDTRoxborough Visitor Center, 4751 Roxborough Dr, Littleton, CO 80125, USARoxborough State Park is known for its dramatic red-rock formations but also is a National Archaeological Register District. Over 200 artifacts and 40 archaeological sites have been documented from Archaic and Woodland cultures. Come visit to learn more!
- Sat, Oct 2117695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAOct 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDT17695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAThe camp houses one of the largest collections of intact CCC buildings in the United States. Fourteen of the original 15 buildings are intact along with most of the original landscape features. The men who lived at the camp built the nationally acclaimed Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- Sat, Oct 21Lamb Spring Archaeological PreserveOct 21, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM MDTLamb Spring Archaeological Preserve, 9472 W Titan Rd, Littleton, CO 80125, USALamb Spring Archaeological Preserve is a major Paleo-Indian archaeological site in the metro Denver area. The site contains a large collection of bison and mammoth bones as well as artifacts and other items associated with the Paleo-Indian period. Tour the site to learn more!