Sun, Jun 05|
Writer Square across from Tabor Center
Downtown 16th St. Mall
Juicy stories of intrigue on how the 16th St. Pedestrian Mall came to be!
Time & Location
Jun 05, 2022, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDT
Writer Square across from Tabor Center, 1512 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202, USA
About the event
Its not your average historical walking tour! Your personal storyteller will share stories of betrayal, murder, ghosts, and intrigue behind the creation of the 16th St. Mall in downtown Denver, Colorado.
The starting point will be Writer Square across from the Tabor Center. If you see Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, you're in the right place!
The walking tour will be roughly 1 mile and we will be standing the entire time unless there is public seating available. Tour will run rain or shine excluding severe weather. Please dress accordingly. If there is severe weather, refunds will be given.
The Mall Ride shuttle or Rideshare is suggested as transportation to the starting point, Writer Square (1512 Larimer Street).
This ticket if for guests 18 and under for the Downtown Denver 16th St. Mall walking tour
- Multiple DatesSat, Oct 21Half Moon LotOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM MDTHalf Moon Lot, Trading Post Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USAThis guided hike will consist of two stops inside the caverns of Seven Ladders Rock at Red Rocks Park. The first focusing on the geology of the formation and the second exploring the Indigenous history of the park. Explore a portion of the park normally closed to the public!
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21Roxborough Visitor CenterOct 21, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM MDTRoxborough Visitor Center, 4751 Roxborough Dr, Littleton, CO 80125, USARoxborough State Park is known for its dramatic red-rock formations but also is a National Archaeological Register District. Over 200 artifacts and 40 archaeological sites have been documented from Archaic and Woodland cultures. Come visit to learn more!
- Sat, Oct 2117695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAOct 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDT17695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAThe camp houses one of the largest collections of intact CCC buildings in the United States. Fourteen of the original 15 buildings are intact along with most of the original landscape features. The men who lived at the camp built the nationally acclaimed Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- Sat, Oct 21Lamb Spring Archaeological PreserveOct 21, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM MDTLamb Spring Archaeological Preserve, 9472 W Titan Rd, Littleton, CO 80125, USALamb Spring Archaeological Preserve is a major Paleo-Indian archaeological site in the metro Denver area. The site contains a large collection of bison and mammoth bones as well as artifacts and other items associated with the Paleo-Indian period. Tour the site to learn more!