Sun, Mar 06|
Colorado Railroad Museum and Astor House Tour
Explore Golden, Colorado with us by learning more about the railroad industry and the historic Astor House hotel.
Time & Location
Mar 06, 2022, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM MST
Warwick, 1776 Grant St, Denver, CO 80203, USA
About the event
We are thrilled to be a part of the Colorado Council of Professional Archaeology annual conference this year! Community Connections is hosting a visit to the Colorado Railroad Museum and the historical Astor House hotel in Golden, Colorado. We will be sharing stories of early Golden and allowing guests some time to explore downtown. Lunch is on your own.
If you choose to take the provided transportation, the starting and ending point for the tour will be at the Warwick hotel. If you choose to travel on your own, please be at the Colorado Railroad Museum no later than 10:15 AM.
Pre-registration is required at $60.00/person or $75.00/person with transportation.
Travel to Golden
Colorado Railroad Museum
- Multiple DatesSat, Oct 21Half Moon LotOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM MDTHalf Moon Lot, Trading Post Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USAThis guided hike will consist of two stops inside the caverns of Seven Ladders Rock at Red Rocks Park. The first focusing on the geology of the formation and the second exploring the Indigenous history of the park. Explore a portion of the park normally closed to the public!
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21The Buffalo Bill Museum and GraveOct 21, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM MDTThe Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave, 987 1/2 Lookout Mountain Rd, Golden, CO 80401, USACome learn about William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, one of the most famous people of his time, and his Wild West show. See for yourself why he wanted to be buried on top of Lookout Mountain.
- Sat, Oct 21Roxborough Visitor CenterOct 21, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM MDTRoxborough Visitor Center, 4751 Roxborough Dr, Littleton, CO 80125, USARoxborough State Park is known for its dramatic red-rock formations but also is a National Archaeological Register District. Over 200 artifacts and 40 archaeological sites have been documented from Archaic and Woodland cultures. Come visit to learn more!
- Sat, Oct 2117695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAOct 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDT17695 Union Ave, Morrison, CO 80465, USAThe camp houses one of the largest collections of intact CCC buildings in the United States. Fourteen of the original 15 buildings are intact along with most of the original landscape features. The men who lived at the camp built the nationally acclaimed Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- Sat, Oct 21Lamb Spring Archaeological PreserveOct 21, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM MDTLamb Spring Archaeological Preserve, 9472 W Titan Rd, Littleton, CO 80125, USALamb Spring Archaeological Preserve is a major Paleo-Indian archaeological site in the metro Denver area. The site contains a large collection of bison and mammoth bones as well as artifacts and other items associated with the Paleo-Indian period. Tour the site to learn more!